CANADIAN Surveillance networks
NCCID is one of six National Collaborating Centres for Public Health funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada, each focusing on a different area of public health. Our host organization is the University of Manitoba.
- GLEWS - FAO-OIE-WHO Global Early Warning System for health threats and emerging risks at the human-animal-ecosystems interface.
- Epicore - a virtual community of health professionals using innovative surveillance methods to verify outbreaks of infectious diseases.
- HealthMap - monitors, organizes, integrates, filters, visualizes and disseminates online information about emerging diseases, facilitating early detection of global public health threats
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention - current outbreaks
Vector Borne Diseases
- Biological Survey of Canada: A handbook to the ticks of Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada: West Nile virus and other mosquito-borne disease national surveillance reports
- Public Health Ontario: Vector-Borne Disease Surveillance Reports
- Lyme Disease Resources
Maps of Vector Distribution in North America